Riverside Ghin Handicap Policies and Procedures 2023
Who is eligible to hold a Ghin Handicap at Riverside Golf Course
- Member of Riverside Golf Course
- In an established league that plays and is recognized at Riverside
- Purchase a 15 Play Pass
Active Golf Season in Maine
The Active season in Maine is April 15 to October 31 of each year. The USGA and Maine Golf establish the active season during which scores made in Maine will be acceptable for handicap purposes.
When To Post A Score
- Players are responsible to post all rounds played, including 9-hole and 18-hole rounds on the same day of play. Each player will try to make the best score at every hole in every round, regardless of where the round is played.
- If a player plays 7 - 12 holes, a 9-hole score is required to be posted.
- If a player plays 14 holes - 18-holes round, an 18-hole score is required to be posted.
- In Match Play Events: If you pick up you enter the score you think it would have taken you to finish the hole.
- When players are given putts during a round; enter the score you think it would have taken you to make the putt.
When Not To Post A Score:
There are 3 instances where players are not to post a score
- Players playing in a scramble
- Play less than the number of hole needed
- play 6 holes or less, do not post
- Play 7 - 13 holes, post a 9-hole score
- Play 14 - 18 holes, post an 18-hole score
- Players play by themselves